550-600 grams of double zero flour,
10 grams of yeast,
170 grams of sugar,
4-5 whole eggs,
3 egg yolks,
150 grams of butter,
150 grams of raisins,
100 grams of candied citron,
1 sachet of vanilla or cinnamon,
rum (if you like)
Every day in Italy it’s Panettone for dessert! Sooo good! http://t.co/NHJSwr6C
— Martin Amado (@makeovermaestro) 1 Gennaio 2013
The preparation is quite complex and consists of three distinct phases. I advise you to start the day before.
In the first phase:
- put about 80 grams of flour on your work table making a volcano shape
- meanwhile dissolve about 8 grams of yeast in a little warm water (no more than 50 ml).
Take a little water with yeast into the flour and in the meantime knead.
- The secret is to put little water, flour will became dough with more work but the end result will be better - .
Continue pouring slowly water with yeast and kneading with patience.
- When the dough is homogeneous, wrap it in one or two wet and warm cotton cloths and set to grow at a constant high temperature place (over 20 degrees C, for example in the preheated oven and then off) for few hours.
When the dough will have doubled its initial volume, begin the second phase of the preparation:
- Dissolve a few grams of yeast in very little warm water (not more than 10 ml)
- knead the dough obtained previously with another 150 grams of flour, yeast dissolved and two whole eggs (both yolk and white).
- Knead dough for a long time until the dough detaches from your fingers.
- Now add about 50 grams of sugar and continue kneading.
- Soften about 50 grams of butter and add to the dough.
- Now wrap dough again in one or two warm and wet cloths and put again to grow for a few hours to more than 20 degrees C temperature.
Once the dough has increased twice again:
- add the remaining 2-3 eggs and about 450 grams of flour.
- Knead the dough and then add two egg yolks and, if you like, a little rum.
- Continue kneading and add slowly about 100-120 grams of sugar.
- When the sugar is well absorbed by the dough, add a pinch of salt, 80 grams of softened butter, the vanilla (or cinnamon), raisins and candied citron.
- Continue kneading and when everything is fine homogeneous, without wrap it in cloths, let rise at about 30 degrees C temperature for 3-4 hours.
After the 3-4 hours:
- make a cross on the top of the dough with a knife and put 20 grams of butter remaining in the center of the cross - .
- Furthermore, with a brush, spread on the top of the dough the third egg and bake at 200 degrees C for about 10-15 minutes
- Then lower the oven temperature to 180 degrees and continue cooking for about 45 minutes.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function the_views() in /home2/manchego/public_html/wp-content/themes/surfarama-child/content-single.php on line 154